Sunday, October 27, 2013

What’s on my TV?

This is really a picture of my TV.
No  plasma for me until this one
dies...I'd rather buy clothes! 
The other day I talked about my experience watching CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story.  Well, I thought I’d talk about the other things I’m currently watching…which made me realize, I need some new shows!

So, looking at my DVR (I record everything I might possibly want to watch), here’s a snapshot of my current fall lineup:

Monday (and Tuesday):  The Voice.  This is a real talent show!  I like how it gives chances to singers and artists of various ages and not-so-mainstream styles.  I also really enjoy the star power and credibility that the judges and mentors bring as well as the chemistry of the judges.  Sadly, I’m not rooting for any particular contestant so as the show gets closer to crowning a winner, I will likely lose interest, as I have in past seasons.

Tuesday: The Real Husbands of Hollywood.  The fakest reality show on television always has me laughing!  It’s not punch line funny; it’s pay-attention-or-you-miss-it funny.  They have the best, and sometimes weirdest, cameos ever!

Wednesday:  Top Chef New Orleans.  This one’s a no brainer.  Food + New Orleans; I’m hungry for it!  I’m hoping chefestant Nina is crowned the next Top Chef. Not only is she a great cook, but she’s a black woman.

Thursday:  Scandal.  Don’t call, text or email me on Thursday at 9 pm…or at least don’t expect a response.  I have been a gladiator since the premiere episode! Olivia, B613, Huck, Olitz, Mellie, Cyrus, Jake…ooh…too much! Shonda Rimes gets major props for this show.

Friday: Fashion Police.  I am a huge Joan Rivers fan and she brings the funny on FP!  Plus, it’s great to see what celebs are wearing to events other than awards shows and movie premieres.  I especially like when they go inside what used to be exclusive events like Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week and when celebs stop by to promote their projects and talk about their best and worst red carpet fashions.


My other must-see shows are Shark Tank, Keeping Up With the Kardashians and I’ll watch anything on OWN, Food Network, HGTV or Investigative Discovery (ID).  But I realized that most of what I watch is reality or lifestyle-based.  Aside from Scandal, I don’t watch any scripted shows.  There has to be some entertaining and engaging dramas or comedies out there! 

Does anyone have any suggestions of good scripted shows I can watch?     

Xoxo,