When I was in
grad school, I learned about how we all have numbers that routinely pop up in
our lives. In case you’re wondering,
there’s really no significance to these numbers; but many of us invite them
into our hearts and call them our ‘lucky’ numbers. We then use them for passwords, PINs, lottery
numbers and all kinds of other nuances.
Similar to
numbers, I also have words that pop up in my life. Quite the contrary, I don’t believe these
words lack significance. I choose to view them as messages from God and believe
me, they show up in obvious and not so obvious places. Right now, it’s almost like I have a big neon
sign on my heart and mind that’s flashing two simple but very meaningful words:
HONOR and FAITHFUL.
In random conversations,
‘faithful’ has popped up, way more often than usual, and has just stuck with
me. I haven’t been able to shake it. The same happened with ‘honor.’ Then, last
week at church for a whole 30 minutes, my pastor preached about why it’s
necessary to honor those around us, in particular those He placed above
us. By honoring them, we are honoring Him
and ourselves, staying on our path until He steers us into another
direction. That sounds a lot like being
faithful to me!
Ever since I
began recognizing these types of messages, I’ve always taken the time to sit
back and think, ‘just what does this mean for me?” And each time, it is always
revealed; maybe not at that very moment, but in due time. I say all this to
say, take a moment to pay attention to what’s going on around you. Pick up on the trends and open your heart to
the possibilities.
Xoxo,
No comments:
Post a Comment