Saturday, October 5, 2013

Juicing does a body good!

My Green Juice. Peep
the juicer in the back.
This summer I started juicing and have not stopped!!

My new hobby started after I did the Dr Oz 3 Day Detox Cleanse.  Because I really enjoyed the drinks that were a part of the detox, I began incorporating variations into my meal plans then venturing out to find different recipes, and now I’m hooked!   

I started off using my blender, which is not at all the same as a juicer. Since then, I invested in a Breville Juicer and now at least three times a week, I make a yummy juice filled with some assortment of fresh produce – kale, spinach, cucumber, celery, beets, carrots, parsley, ginger, blueberries, apples, strawberries, lemon, lime – whatever I have on hand. I typically make a 24 oz drink, which is three full cups of fruits and veggies and zero preservatives, fillers etc. How many people eat that quantity of real nourishment on a daily basis?

The energy I get from these homemade juices is amazing and I love the way I feel after drinking one.  I especially like to have a juice on the days that I know I’m going to eat out or when I don’t eat a salad, as a way to make sure I get my veggies for the day. Everyone should give juicing a try!

Xoxo,


P.S. I did Dr Oz’s cleanse because I was eating too much junk and truly felt yucky.  It was a great way to clean my body and jump start my mission to eat better.  Mission Accomplished! 

No comments: