Thursday, December 19, 2013

Workouts that work!

I love to workout …not only does it make me feel great, it keeps my energy level up and allows me to eat all of the yummy food I so enjoy!

My definition of a good workout is one that is fun and entertaining, has me sweating, engages my muscles through the next day and keeps me wanting to do more…even though my body is saying hell no! Fortunately, I have found the perfect trainer to meet my needs. The bad news is she’s located in L.A. The good news is she has DVDs!!! Enter Ms. Jeanette Jenkins aka The Hollywood Trainer. I was browsing Amazon for new DVDs when I ran across her page. Being the highly promoted trainer of celebrities such as Tia Mowry Hardrict, P!nk, Alicia Keys and her star pupil, Kelly Rowland, I knew who she was. Then I read the reviews, most of which touted how challenging but effective her videos were. I hit purchase and was sold after my first workout. Since then, I’ve fallen in love with Bikini Bootcamp, Cardio Kickboxing and Sexy Abs Cardio Sculpt. 

So why do I love these workouts so much? Well, they are heart-pumping, calorie-burning routines that work! Most of the videos are well over one hour so I often break them up into two parts completing one video per week (I also do other activities, mostly weight training and a cycle class to make up my weekly 240 minutes). The routines, which are labeled beginner but are really advanced, aren’t the easiest but even a minimal effort sees results. Each routine has a great mix of strength training to build muscle and cardio to shed fat, and there’s a lot of leg work. (The legs have some of the largest muscles in the body. A focus on them positively impacts the rest of the body.) And, Jeanette has the best warm ups; I’m breaking a sweat as soon as I press play! Finally, Jeanette radiates positive energy and she really makes your feel like you can do it. So, if you’re looking for a workout that will help you reach your health and fitness goals, and have a good time while doing it, check out any of these or Jeanette Jenkins’ other videos. Buy them on her website; it’s cheaper than Amazon.

Oh, and I know it’s the holiday season, but I suggest you think twice before stuffing any workout DVD into somebody’s stocking!  Make sure you know the recipient would want this gift. They say it’s the thought that counts, but we all know bad thoughts have gotten people in trouble! LOL J

Please drop me a line telling me what you think about Jeanette’s workouts or if you plan to try them. 


Xoxo,    

No comments: