| A few pics of the ice from right outside my place. |
It is C-O-L-D
in the Big D! Rain, sleet, ice, snow, we’ve had it all. Below freezing, the
lowest temperatures we’ve seen in three years, when the Super Bowl was here,
and ice on all the roads. The local news has been reporting all day about the
weather conditions and keeps showing our many, many highways… which are largely
empty.
Today the
entire Metroplex was shutdown. Schools, retailers, other businesses, were all
closed. Well, after being locked in for twenty four hours, I have cabin fever!
I am soooo ready to break out the house. The funny thing is I am the person who
loves ‘me time.’ A day or two alone to catch up on my TV, cook a great meal and
eat its leftovers, have some cocktails and even some snacks, all while lounging
in my jammies…that’s like recharging my batteries! But this is different. I
have no options. It’s like being on house arrest (not like I know from
experience)…I can’t get out! In fact, I can barely get the car out of the
driveway! Hopefully I’ll break out tomorrow…but it’ll still be cold outside,
really cold. But I digress. I know that this too shall pass. Back to my DVR I
go!
Xoxo,
No comments:
Post a Comment