Monday, February 23, 2015

My Faves: 2015 Academy Awards Red Carpet

The “Biggest Night In Hollywood” was last night and I was honestly nervous about what the Red Carpet would bring. I said in a previous post that Red Carpets this Awards Season have been very blah. Thankfully, the stars brought it for the Oscars. Here are my favorite looks:


Once again, JLo shut it down!  She can do no wrong in my book.


Lupita is another one who can do no wrong.  And how flawless is her skin?!


I don’t know Rosamund Pike but she killed it last night.


Common always represents for the fellas. He and Lupita share the same stylist…she’s very talented.


David Oyelowo showed us that men can look good wearing bold colors too!


I’m giving these two ladies Honorable Mention.  While they both look stunning and I like each of their looks, I don’t love either. What I can’t deny is the confidence that each displays.  Solange‘s happiness radiates and her style is all her own. And Zoe Saldana, who had twins a few months ago, just looks so comfortable in her own skin.  They both owned the Red Carpet and I love it!


And finally, a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to Common and John Legend for taking home the Oscar for Best Original Song for “Glory” from the movie Selma.  I am SO PROUD of these two men!  Both are veteran musicians in an industry that’s hyper-focused on sex, the degradation of women and image over artistry. Yet, these men have carved their own niche and brought it to the mainstream. More so, every time they stepped to the mic to accept an award this season, they made certain to acknowledge that “Glory” wasn’t just a song; it was an expression of our experiences – the Civil Rights Movement of the 1950s and 1960s and the challenges we faced before, after and even today. 


And I love how they brought Selma to the Oscars. Thank you, Common and John Legend, for making certain the movie and its message goes beyond the theaters. 


Xo,   

No comments: