Monday, February 9, 2015

Jumpsuits on the Red Carpet

Giuliana Rancic and Gwen Stefani at the 2015 Grammys.  
Emma Stone at the 2015 Golden Globes. 
I typically look forward to Awards Season. Forget about the shows and the accolades the stars are after, my favorite part is the Red Carpet. I love to see the glammed up fashion – the dresses, the jewels, the beautiful hues, and the designers … just the whole nine.

But this season, I’ve been disappointed. There’s been no starlet, like 2014’s Lupita, who’s challenging everyone to bring their A-game. So this year, it’s been quite Meh. That is until noticed I trend that I absolutely love … the jumpsuit! 

First, let me say that I personally love wearing jumpsuits. They are so easy; just add shoes and you get a simple yet polished look. That’s my kind of outfit! Since becoming a fan, I’ve added several jumpsuits and rompers to my wardrobe.

I first noticed Emma Stone in a jumpsuit at the Golden Globes during Awards Season 2015.  She surely would’ve been on my best dressed list. Then at the Grammys, Gwen Stefani, Giuliana Rancic and Jane Fonda all wore very different but all so chic jumpsuits.

Gwen’s look, featuring harem pants and a unique bodice, had a futuristic, rock star vibe that only she can pull off.  She looked beautiful, though I think she should’ve gone with her signature red lip.  With a black beaded long sleeved top, Giuliana’s jumpsuit was very elegant, but not so in your face, perfect for interviewing the big names of the night on the Red Carpet.
 
And then there’s Jane Fonda. Her look said “age ain’t nothing but a number.”  She looked sexy and confident.  And if we didn’t know it before, we know now that those workout videos she made in the 80s were the real deal.  Seriously, Jane is 77 and looks AMAZING!!! I always say I want to be a MILF but maybe I just want to be Jane Fonda when I grow up. 

Jane Fonda, 77,  2015 Awards Season.  Left to Right -
 Golden Globes, Pre-Grammy Party, Grammy Awards. 

Anyway, I love this year’s red carpet trend – jumpsuits.  They’ve added a much needed edge and sassiness to the bland fashion of this Awards Season and I hope they’re here to stay for awhile.


Xo, 

No comments: