Pasta with Butternut Squash, Chile and Parmesan Sauce.
Photo cred: MSN.com
|
For the most part, I’ve been enjoying Meatless Mondays since September. What started out as a sorority challenge has become a personal challenge. I LOVE finding new meals! I recently found this fabulous recipe for Pasta with Butternut Squash, Chile, and Parmesan Sauce, perfect for a late fall dinner.
As the name suggests, the dish consists of pasta, butternut squash, chile peppers and a parmesan cheese sauce … and not much else. Needless to say the dish was really easy to make and I only made two modifications. Instead of chile peppers, I used red pepper flakes, simply because I had some on hand. Then, I doubled the amount of squash and used the second portion to top the pasta to give it a bolder flavor and to add a bit of color to the somewhat monotone plate.
This pasta is a great vegetarian dish. Unlike some pastas that can easily benefit from the addition of protein, I wouldn’t recommend adding meat to this one. It just doesn’t need anything extra. However, I think it could accompany a pork roast, cornish hen or roasted chicken, especially if it is among other sides, like maybe the beautifully-hued root vegetables.
I ate my pasta with hearty servings of roasted broccoli which stretched it a bit and allowed me to get six servings out of the recipe rather than the recommended four.
Overall, my Pasta with Butternut Squash, Chile, and Parmesan Sauce was a winner and a new addition to my tried and true recipe book.
Xo,
No comments:
Post a Comment