Monday, October 20, 2014

Meatless Monday: New Sofritas at Chipotle

Sofritas, a tofu, the latest item to debut at Chipotle, 
pictured amidst my burrito bowl. 
I’ve been practicing Meatless Mondays since the middle of September and have been enjoying the challenge of finding different meals to eat.  I typically have oatmeal or a smoothie for breakfast, a salad for lunch and something fun for dinner like my favorite meal from Zoe’s Kitchen or the ridiculously delicious quinoa veggie burger I had in Chicago

For dinner last Monday, I headed to one of my favorite spots, Chipotle Mexican Grill, and tried their latest menu addition, Sofritas, a spicy braised tofu.  I was really psyched to try Sofritas because I had heard it was good, but I was also a bit skeptical.  As much as I love Chipotle, of their meat options, I only liked Carnitas so for me it was either Carnitas or veggies only.  Fortunately, that has changed now that Sofritas is on the scene!

What can I say, Sofritas is good…very, very yummy! Finely chopped then braised with poblano peppers, chipotle chilies and a number of spices, the tofu is full of flavor and the texture is just right.  And dare I say it, Sofritas has more flavor than any of their meat options. When added to the usual suspects in my burrito bowl, the combination just works for me. I only have one complaint about Sofritas, the portion is on the small size.  I could have a double!    

I can’t wait to have Sofritas again, soon!


Xo,  

No comments: