As I drove back
to Dallas from Houston on Labor Day, the unofficial last day of summer, the
lyrics to India.Arie’s song, “Summer,” ran rapidly through my mind, “Goodbye
summer, hate to see you go.” Though it sunk in that summer was ending, I couldn’t
help but smile.
A few months
back, as the seasons changed and summer rolled in, I made a decision to have an
awesome summer and I can honestly say mission accomplished! My summer was
AMAZING, SUPER FABULOUS and every other superlative that comes to mind.
Despite not
ever seeing a sandy beach, or my beloved hometown, two things I associate with
summer, there were so many elements that made my summer the awesomeness that it
was: Doing the happy dance, a little
twerk action, while heading to summer Fridays at SPM; Lime-A-Ritas, margaritas
and chardonnay; swimming pools shallow enough for me to stand up in when my
hair is laid and deep enough for me to cannonball in when it’s not; reunions
with my best girlfriends, finally spending quality time that distance won’t allow us to have; cookouts,
take out and eating out on patios; road tripping through Texas – Austin, San
Antonio and Houston twice; entertaining movies and captivating books; and most
of all the many friends and family who kept me smiling, eyes filled with tears
from laughter, and helped me to create new memories. My summer was everything!
I’m a little
sad to see summer end; but, every morning when I wake up, I thank God for
allowing me to see another day, which gives me hope that another amazing season
is currently in progress. Stay tuned!
Xoxo,
No comments:
Post a Comment