| Babyback! + Pineapple Bomb |
Over the last
six or so weeks, I have had the pleasure of having two incredibly craveable experiences
at Mash’d!
Mash’d is a
new restaurant in Frisco. It’s mashed into a very popular strip that includes
Chipotle, Twin Peaks, and Starbucks, which means parking is a beast! Mash’d calls
itself a sports bar with scratch-made food.
I could kind of see that. There
were a few big TVs and even a lounge-like area. Despite dark and heavily wooded
walls and seating, the restaurant is very open and most guests seemed motivated
to sit in the bar, which is where I sat both times. On my second visit, though, I sat on the
patio side of the bar. On an 80-plus
degree day, it was the perfect blend of sitting on the patio yet having A/C! At any rate, the décor of the restaurant wasn’t
something that will wow you, but when you walk in, you do think ‘this place is
kinda cool.’
| Legit Guacamole |
Scratch-made
food. The menu had very interesting
selections. Appetizers included sports
bar staples like wings, guacamole, and queso, alongside the more eclectic white
bean hummus, goat cheese and salmon bruschetta. I had the Legit Guacamole which was so yummy!
I’m a huge fan of guacamole done right and this version was legit! What
made it so special was the inclusion of grilled corn and pineapple. It was a simply
divine upgrade to a classic. The Legit Guacamole typically has bacon, which I’m
sure makes it to die for, but my dining partner, Annisha, doesn’t eat pork so
we omitted it. Next time, we’ll have to
get two orders because I am not going without bacon! What’s more, the seasoned chips
were the perfect complement to the guacamole.
I could go back to Mash’d just for the Legit Guacamole!
The Chicken ... I had to try
it. Couldn't wait til after taking the pic. |
On my first
visit, I had the simply named sandwich The
Chicken. Fried chicken breast, coleslaw, pickle and aioli on a bun served
with fries; this was the best chicken sandwich I have ever had in my entire
life! The chicken was seasoned perfectly
and the breading was so thick that it was unfazed being positioned under coleslaw. No sogginess here! The fries were also
perfectly crispy and perfectly seasoned … a must-have combination for
fries. Finally, the chicken sandwich
with fries was just awe worthy! I
love a good chicken sandwich, though I rarely order them when dining out. I only ordered this time at the insistence of
my server and I’m so glad I listened to her.
My next
visit, I ordered the Babyback! Baby
back ribs, coleslaw, moonshine sauce and hot peppers on French bread; this
sandwich was pretty darn good. The ribs
were extremely tender, the sauce packed with flavor and the bread was toasted yet
melt-in-your-mouth moist. The Babyback! was
served with fries that were prepared just as perfectly this second time
around.
| Jolly Rancher |
While I’ve
tried the Pineapple Bomb, Jolly Rancher, and Hurricane Myer, I have yet to find a drink that I love. But, I will say that you begin feeling these
drinks after just one sip and each visit I left Mash’d feeling pretty good! I can’t wait to go back to try one of the
many other specialty cocktails and house made moonshines Mash’d has to
offer.
Overall, I
will give Mash’d a 5/5. Yes, it was that
great!
Xoxo,
No comments:
Post a Comment