So, everyone’s
been talking about the a%@ whipping the Seattle Seahawks put on the Denver
Broncos in last night’s Super Bowl. We all know that made for a game that was a
complete bore; but I have to give props to Bruno Mars and the folks on social
media who made tons of memes poking fun at Peyton Manning. Those pictures alone
gave me hours of entertainment!
While most
people thought the Broncos would win, I was personally rooting for the
Seahawks. I just love the way the
Seahawks have been playing … aggressive, take no prisoners, and just straight
YOLO. I mean, they really gave it to my
Saints, not once but twice this season. To top it off, the hype was cah-razy! The
media hoopla usually turns me all the way off from the favorite most times, so I typically
ride for the underdog, and this time was no exception. They had practically given the win to the
Broncos and already held a MVP coronation for Peyton.
This time, the
media hype did have one positive; it turned me on to Seahawks QB Russell
Wilson. This guy is just awesome! He’s a
no frills, humble young guy who just wants to do his best. During one of his
interviews, he spoke so fondly of the influence his now deceased father had on
him and how his father pressed him to pursue his dreams. He said his father
used to ask him, ‘why not you?’ Russell talked about how as each week passed and
the Seahawks got closer to their Super Bowl win, it was important they stay
encouraged, and maintain their confidence, despite what others may think. Over
the remaining weeks, he led his team with the question ‘why not us?’ Their
belief in themselves helped them secure a 43-8 victory over the Broncos and the
#1 quarterback in the league.
Russell
Wilson, that interview, the game, the victory and those three little words have
stayed with me. So often we (I’m really
talking about me) think of others; their accomplishments, their goals, their
desires. Sometimes, thinking maybe it’s easier for them or they work harder or maybe
they just know exactly what they want or fill-in-the-blank with any possible
scenario. But in the end, it’s really simple … ‘why not you?’ While each of us
is different, I believe at the end of the day we all want the same thing, God’s
best for us. So instead of thinking ‘why
you,’ it’s time to shift and say ‘why not!’
I’m looking
forward to a bright 2014 … why not?!
Xoxo,

2 comments:
Great post sis!!
Thank You!!
Post a Comment