Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Los Cabos! Woo-Hoo!!!!

Every year, I try to take a vacation where I simply unplug, relax and recharge.  So this Summer, two of my girlfriends and I headed south of the border to Cabo!  We spent five beautiful days in the sun (and heat!), laughing a lot and enjoying more drinks than we can count.  In fact, I have sworn off all frozen fruity drinks until Vacation 2014!

We stayed at the Secrets Marquis Resort, which I definitely recommend to anyone. The all-inclusive resort was picture perfect, super clean, loaded with amenities like restaurants (Italian, Asian, French, American), a great spa, daily entertainment (we played ping pong, did water aerobics, came in first place at Casino night and attended nightly shows).  The staff were some of the nicest, most service-oriented people I’ve ever encountered.  Oh, and did I mention the resort was adults only?  Woo-Hoo!!! So I will add ‘quiet in a good way’ to my what’s-great-about-Secrets list.  Secrets Marquis was first class all the way and has earned the Secrets brand first consideration in my future travel plans.

While we loved the pool and those frozen fruity drinks, we did manage to leave the resort to go to the marina/market area one afternoon. This is where we ate real Mexican tacos (not Tex-Mex) and flexed our negotiating skills while loading up on souvenirs.  The sellers at the market were friendly yet very assertive and some had very clever tactics to get your attention.  One guy even told us that since he wouldn’t see more of us that day then he’ll see us next lifetime! LOL!  It was that kind of lighthearted mood that filled our five days, from the time we left Dallas to the time we returned...and I loved it!  

Cabo has always been on my travel list and while this trip wasn’t the hard partying Cabo trip I always dreamed of, it was everything my friends and I hoped it would be and exactly what I needed. Here are a few of my fave Cabo pics! Enjoy!

xoxo 

No comments: