Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I Heart NOLA

I recently visited the best place on earth. No, not Disney World but my hometown, New Orleans!  That place means so much to me!  There’s no place like home! It’s really the heart and soul of me and has influenced everything that I am.  And while I didn’t hit up all of my foodie spots, this had to have been one of my favorite visits ever.

What made my trip so special was being able to spend quality time with my peeps – my brother, Justin and his fiancée, Idrianne; cousins, Kristen, Mary, Nia & Ahmad (and Gerald, Dre & G3); friends: Lindsey & the Jones family, and Dominique; and my Auntie Leona.

The big event was Nia’s shower (baby boy Niron will be arriving soon).  Other than that, I really didn’t do anything out of the ordinary, just going out to eat and hanging at people’s houses but I enjoyed every minute of it.  The conversations, laughs, jokes and even the comfortable silence really gave me life, left me energized and sent me back to Dallas beaming and feeling so blessed.

I plan on going back in December and I can only wish that this next visit will bring me just as much joy!  

P.S. Next visit I’ll write about my foodie adventures.


Xoxo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sammy's and Big Shot Creme Soda will lift your spirits instantly